Friday, October 28, 2011

Monkey Theme Baby Shower



I gave a shower for a gal at my church. She had decorated the baby's room in a jungle/monkey theme, so this is what I decided to do for the shower theme.

Here is the monkey invitation I made that I was able to download for free from this site.
http://sabbyinsuburbia.blogspot.com/2011/02/monkey-themed-baby-shower-free.html

For the table decorations, I made a diaper cake with the monkey theme. Notice the cute monkey toy I found at Target to add to it; also the adorable shoes on top and green headband hanging from the side. I looked at different sites on how to make it but just ended up creating it my own way.
For the cupcakes, I printed the monkey face on paper and used a 1 1/2" paper punch to cut them out. I attached them to Popsicle sticks to put in the cupcakes.
I made a banner with the baby's name on it using scrapping paper. I printed the letters and cut them out in circles and glued to the triangles. I hot glued ribbon to attach them into a banner.
Besides my diaper cake as my gift, I made burp rags out of diapers with the baby's name on them. Gotta love my embroidery sewing machine!!
Also printed up this picture to be a part of the table decorations and also another gift for the baby. I will be doing another blog on this idea later.








No comments:

Post a Comment